Friday, January 3, 2014

Do You Really Need a New Years Resolution?



Another January is here and we are presented with a clean slate to change things up if we want to. I wonder whether I should . Will I give up in a few weeks? Why bother, I ask myself. And it's always the same for me - exercise more, eat better. So this year I am changing up my game.

 It takes three weeks to break an old habit and three weeks to adopt a new habit. Here are my contenders:

1.  Look in the mirror in the morning and be thankful for something every day. I keep saying I'm going to try this - it's easy and it sounds like a great way to start my day.

2. Who said I have to be Superwoman? I tend to think that I 'have' to do everything, which is nonsense. Don't ask me where this comes from, but I really need to give this up.



3.  Eat 1 organic apple every day (well OK 5 days a week). If I pick anything in the lose weight/be more healthy arena, this will be it. I do this for months on end, and then just stop -- go figure.  Apples contain a multitude of wonderful properties for your health and even your brain.


4. Diffuse anger. Anger is not worth the stress it creates. I can choose not to get angry at ignorance or stupidity. I'm most likely not going to change anyone or their opinions - so why let it bother me.


5. Be kind more often. Every one is happy with kindness in the air.

6.  Substitute my afternoon coffee for a Berry Radical - it will give me a boost for that afternoon slump and it has an ORAC value of 4000 per teaspoon. That teaspoon is chock full of antioxidants and a heck of a lot better for me than coffee.



                                                    Miessence Berry Radical Superfood

Well there you have it. I think it's a pretty good list to choose from. What do you think? Did you make any goals for 2014? If you did, be kind to yourself and if you choose some New Year resolutions, don't make them too tough.
       Your Fairly Green buddy,
                   Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment